Tuesday, December 13
PANEL I: ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION, UNDERGROUND EDUCATION, AND SELF-LEARNING: HISTORICAL CONTEXT
Panelists: Prof. J. Borowczyk, Dr. J. Ivanova, Dr. M. Pakholkina, Pavel Sokolov, Rev. Dr. B. Gudziak
Introduction: The Tradition of Filomates and Filarets (Prof. J. Borowczyk)
- Moscow Religious Institutions on The Example of St. Thomas Institute of Philosophy, Theology and Historyand Educational institutions of the Yuriy Shichalin's Museum Graeco-Latinum (Dr. J. Ivanova)
- Activities of St. Tykhon, St. John and St. Philaretes Orthodox Universities (Dr. Marina Pakholkina, Pavel Sokolov)
- Underground University in Ukraine (Rev. Dr. B. Gudziak)
- History of Underground Education during WW2. Flying Universities during the Period of Solidarity (presenters to be announced).
Panel II : ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION, CONTESTATION OR DIVERSIFICATION OF THE SYSTEM: PRESENT CHALLENGES
Panelists: I. Prokhorova, Prof. F. Fedchin, Prof. A. Semyonov, Prof. I. Savielieva, Prof. J. Axer, M. Sutowski
Introduction: Introduction to an Alternative Educational System In the Humanities (I. Prokhorova)
- Alternative Education: Example of the Liberal Arts College (Prof. F. Fedchin, Prof. A. Semyonov);
- Experience of Interdisciplinary Collaboration: German Academic Programs (Dr. P. Rezvykh);
- Alternative Education: Example of IGITI (Moscow) and IBI AL (Warsaw) (Prof. I. Savielieva, Prof. J. Axer);
- Critical University (M. Sutowski).